b7: Keep Exp. When f/ Changes
G button U A Custom Settings menu
When [OFF] is selected for [ISO sensitivity settings] > [Auto ISO sensitivity control] in the photo shooting menu in mode M, actions such as switching to a lens with a different aperture range may cause unintended changes to aperture. If an option other than [Exposure maintenance off] is selected for [Keep exp. when f/ changes], the camera will adjust shutter speed or ISO sensitivity to maintain exposure at its current value.
Other cases in which settings may be automatically adjusted to maintain exposure include when:
- lenses with different maximum apertures at minimum and maximum zoom are zoomed in or out, or
- the focus distance changes while a micro lens is attached.
- The setting adjusted to maintain exposure when aperture changes can be chosen from [Shutter speed] and [ISO sensitivity]. Select [Exposure maintenance off] to disable this feature.
- Depending on the lens, the camera may be unable to maintain current exposure at some settings.
- Exposure maintenance is not available during video recording.