At default settings, the following indicators appear in the monitor. For a full list of the indicators that may be displayed, see “The Monitor” in the section on “Camera Displays” (0The Monitor) in the “Technical Notes” chapter.
- i icon (0The i Button (i Menu), The i Button (Playback Mode))
- Battery indicator (0Battery Level)
- Number of exposures remaining (0Number of Exposures Remaining, Memory Card Capacity)
- ISO sensitivity (0ISO Sensitivity)
ISO sensitivity indicator (0ISO Sensitivity)
Auto ISO sensitivity indicator (0Auto ISO Sensitivity Control)
- Aperture (0A (Aperture-Priority Auto), M (Manual))
- Shutter speed (0S (Shutter-Priority Auto), M (Manual))
- Metering (0Metering)
- Touch shooting (0The Touch Shutter)
- Vibration reduction indicator (0Vibration Reduction)
- Focus point (0Focus-Point Selection)
- View mode (photo live view; 0d8: View Mode (Photo Lv))
In photo mode, the playback, i menu, and shooting displays rotate to match camera orientation.
Press the DISP button to cycle the shooting display. Choose from up to five displays, each with a customizable selection of icons and indicators. The items displayed can be selected using Custom Setting d17 [Custom monitor shooting display] (0d17: Custom Monitor Shooting Display).