The following Nikon software can be used with the camera. For more information, visit the Nikon website for your country or region.
- Computer Software
Nikon computer software is available from the Nikon Download Center. Check the version and system requirements and be sure to download the latest version.
- Camera Control Pro 2 (available for purchase): Control the camera remotely from a computer to record photos and videos and save them directly to the computer hard disk.
- NX Tether: Use for tethered photography when the camera is connected to a computer. Exposure, white balance, and other camera settings can be adjusted remotely using controls in the computer display.
NX Studio *: View and edit photos and videos shot with Nikon digital cameras. NX Studio can be used to fine-tune files in Nikon’s unique NEF/NRW (RAW) format and convert them to JPEG, TIFF, or HEIF (NEF/RAW processing). It supports not only NEF/NRW (RAW) pictures but also JPEG, TIFF, and HEIF photos shot with Nikon digital cameras for such tasks as editing tone curves and enhancing brightness and contrast.
Existing users should be sure to download the latest version, as earlier versions may be unable to download pictures from the camera or open NEF (RAW) pictures.
- Wireless Transmitter Utility: The Wireless Transmitter Utility is required if the camera is to be connected to a network. Pair the camera with the computer and download pictures over a wireless or Ethernet network.
- Webcam Utility: The Webcam Utility lets you use your camera as a webcam when it is connected to the computer via USB. The camera will appear as “Webcam Utility” in web conferencing apps. Selecting “Webcam Utility” converts the camera into a webcam. For information on compatible cameras, system requirements, and using the Webcam Utility, as well as on the precautions to be observed during use, see the Webcam Utility page in the Nikon Download Center.
- Smartphone (Tablet) Apps
Smartphone (tablet) apps are available from the Apple App Store® and on Google Play™. For the latest information on our apps, visit the Nikon website.
- SnapBridge: Download photos and videos from the camera to your smart device via a wireless connection.
NX MobileAir * (offers in-app purchases): Import pictures from a camera connected to your smart device via USB and upload them wirelessly to an FTP server.
Supported features and operating systems vary by country and region.