The i Button (i Menu)
For quick access to frequently-used settings, press the i button or tap the i icon to view the i menu.
- Different menus are displayed in photo and video modes.
- Options can be viewed by tapping items in the display or by highlighting items and pressing J; selections can then be made using the multi selector.
- Items for which the camera displays a command dial guide can be adjusted by highlighting them in the i menu and rotating a command dial. In some cases, adjustments can be made using both the main and sub-command dials.
Some items and menu options may be unavailable depending on camera status. Unavailable items are displayed in gray.
When the camera is rotated to take or view pictures in “tall” (portrait) orientation in photo mode, the i menu displays in the monitor and viewfinder rotate to match. In video mode, only the playback i menu rotates to match camera orientation.
Pressing the i button in photo mode displays the items listed below. Highlight the desired item using the multi selector and press J to view options.
Pressing the i button in video mode displays the items listed below. Highlight the desired item using the multi selector and press J to view options.
Pressing the i button during playback displays a context-sensitive i menu of playback options.
The items displayed in the i menu during shooting can be chosen using Custom Setting f1 or g1 [Customize i menu].
Highlight Custom Setting f1 or g1 [Customize i menu] and press J.
See “The G Button” (0The MENU Button) for information on using the menus.
Highlight the position you want to change and press J.
A list of the items available for the selected position will be displayed.
Highlight the desired item and press J.
- The item will be assigned to the selected position and the options shown in Step 2 will be displayed.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 as desired.
Press the G button.
Changes will be saved and the Custom Settings menu will be displayed.