Video Flicker Reduction
G button U 1 video recording menu
Reduce flicker and banding in the shooting display and in footage recorded under fluorescent or mercury-vapor lighting.
- Choose [Auto] to allow the camera to automatically choose the correct frequency.
- If [Auto] fails to produce the desired results, select [50 Hz] or [60 Hz] according to the frequency of the local power supply. Choose [50 Hz] for areas with a 50 Hz power supply, [60 Hz] for areas with a 60 Hz power supply.
- Changes to [Video flicker reduction] also apply to the shooting display in photo mode.
- If [Auto] fails to produce the desired results and you are unsure as to the frequency of the local power supply, test both the 50 and 60 Hz options and choose the one that produces the best results.
- Flicker reduction may not produce the desired results if the subject is very bright. If this is the case, try choosing a smaller aperture (higher f-number).
Flicker reduction may fail to produce the desired results in modes other than M. If this is the case, select mode M and choose a shutter speed adapted to the frequency of the local power supply:
- 50 Hz: ¹⁄₁₀₀ s, ¹⁄₅₀ s, ¹⁄₂₅ s
- 60 Hz: ¹⁄₁₂₅ s, ¹⁄₆₀ s, ¹⁄₃₀ s