Flash Control Mode
Choose a flash control mode and flash level and adjust other settings for SB-5000, SB-500, SB-400, or SB-300 flash units mounted on the camera accessory shoe (settings for an SB-5000 mounted on the accessory shoe can also be adjusted using the controls on the flash unit, while settings for other flash units can only be adjusted using flash unit controls). The options available under Flash control mode vary with the mode selected.
- TTL: i-TTL mode. Flash level is adjusted automatically in response to shooting conditions.
- Auto external flash: In this mode, output is adjusted automatically according to the amount of light reflected by the subject.
- Distance-priority manual: Choose the distance to the subject; flash output will be adjusted automatically.
- Manual: Choose the flash level manually.
- Repeating flash: The flash fires repeatedly while the shutter is open, producing a multiple-exposure effect.
Wireless Flash Options
Adjust settings for simultaneous wireless control of multiple remote flash units. This option is available only when an SB-5000 or SB-500 flash unit or a WR-R10 wireless remote controller is mounted on the camera.
|Y||Optical AWL||The remote flash units are controlled using low-intensity flashes emitted by the master flash (0 Optical AWL).|
|Y/Z||Optical/radio AWL||Choose this option when using both optically- and radio-controlled flash units (0 Optical/Radio AWL).|
|Z||Radio AWL||The remote flash units are controlled by radio signals from a WR-R10 attached to the camera (0 Radio AWL).|
|Off||Remote flash photography disabled.|
Remote Flash Control
|Group flash||Choose a separate flash control mode for each group of remote flash units.|
|Quick wireless control||Choose the balance between groups A and B and set the output for group C manually.|
|Remote repeating||The flash units fire repeatedly while the shutter is open, producing a multiple-exposure effect.|
Radio Remote Flash Info
View the flash units currently controlled via radio AWL.