- No part of the manuals included with this product may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system, or translated into any language in any form, by any means, without Nikon’s prior written permission.
- Nikon reserves the right to change the appearance and specifications of the hardware and software described in these manuals at any time and without prior notice.
- Nikon will not be held liable for any damages resulting from the use of this product.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that the information in these manuals is accurate and complete, we would appreciate it were you to bring any errors or omissions to the attention of the Nikon representative in your area (address provided separately).
Notice Concerning Prohibition of Copying or Reproduction
Note that simply being in possession of material that has been digitally copied or reproduced by means of a scanner, digital camera, or other device may be punishable by law.
Items prohibited by law from being copied or reproduced
Do not copy or reproduce paper money, coins, securities, government bonds, or local government bonds, even if such copies or reproductions are stamped “Sample.”
The copying or reproduction of paper money, coins, or securities which are circulated in a foreign country is prohibited.
Unless the prior permission of the government has been obtained, the copying or reproduction of unused postage stamps or post cards issued by the government is prohibited.
The copying or reproduction of stamps issued by the government and of certified documents stipulated by law is prohibited.
Cautions on certain copies and reproductions
The government has issued cautions on copies or reproductions of securities issued by private companies (shares, bills, checks, gift certificates, etc.), commuter passes, or coupon tickets, except when a minimum of necessary copies are to be provided for business use by a company. Also, do not copy or reproduce passports issued by the government, licenses issued by public agencies and private groups, ID cards, and tickets, such as passes and meal coupons.
Comply with copyright notices
Under copyright law, photographs or recordings of copyrighted works made with the camera cannot be used without the permission of the copyright holder. Exceptions apply to personal use, but note that even personal use may be restricted in the case of photographs or recordings of exhibits or live performances.
Use Only Nikon Brand Electronic Accessories
Nikon cameras are designed to the highest standards and include complex electronic circuitry. Only Nikon brand electronic accessories (including lenses, chargers, batteries, charging AC adapters, and flash accessories) certified by Nikon specifically for use with this Nikon digital camera are engineered and proven to operate within the operational and safety requirements of this electronic circuitry.
The use of non-Nikon electronic accessories could damage the camera and may void your Nikon warranty. The use of third-party rechargeable Li-ion batteries not bearing the Nikon holographic seal shown at right could interfere with normal operation of the camera or result in the batteries overheating, igniting, rupturing, or leaking.
For more information about Nikon brand accessories, contact a local authorized Nikon dealer.
Before Taking Important Pictures
Before taking pictures on important occasions (such as at weddings or before taking the camera on a trip), take a test shot to ensure that the camera is functioning normally. Nikon will not be held liable for damages or lost profits that may result from product malfunction.
As part of Nikon’s “Life-Long Learning” commitment to ongoing product support and education, continually-updated information is available on-line at the following sites:
- For users in the U.S.A.: https://www.nikonusa.com/
- For users in Europe: https://www.europe-nikon.com/support/
- For users in Asia, Oceania, the Middle East, and Africa: https://www.nikon-asia.com/
Visit these sites to keep up-to-date with the latest product information, tips, answers to frequently-asked questions (FAQs), and general advice on digital imaging and photography. Additional information may be available from the Nikon representative in your area. See the following URL for contact information: https://imaging.nikon.com/