- Download Center
- D850 Online Manual
- Menu Guide
- C The Photo Shooting Menu: Shooting Options
- NEF (RAW) Recording
NEF (RAW) Recording
G button C photo shooting menu
Choose a compression type and bit depth for NEF (RAW) photographs.
NEF (RAW) Compression
- NLossless compressed
- NEF images are compressed using a reversible algorithm, reducing file size by about 20–40% with no effect on image quality.
- NEF images are compressed using a non-reversible algorithm, reducing file size by about 35–55% with almost no effect on image quality.
- NEF images are not compressed.
NEF (RAW) Bit Depth
- NEF (RAW) images are recorded at a bit-depth of 12 bits.
- NEF (RAW) images are recorded at a bit depth of 14 bits, producing files larger than those with a bit depth of 12 bits but increasing the color data recorded.
C The Photo Shooting Menu: Shooting Options
Photo shooting menu bank Extended photo menu banks Storage folder File naming Primary slot selection Secondary slot function Flash control Image area Image quality Image size NEF (RAW) recording ISO sensitivity settings White balance Set Picture Control Manage Picture Control Color space Active D-Lighting Long exposure NR High ISO NR Vignette control Auto distortion control Flicker reduction Auto bracketing set Multiple exposure HDR (high dynamic range) Interval timer shooting Focus shift shooting Silent live view photography