- Download Center
- D850 Online Manual
- Menu Guide
- C The Photo Shooting Menu: Shooting Options
- HDR (High Dynamic Range)
HDR (High Dynamic Range)
G button C photo shooting menu
Used with high contrast subjects, High Dynamic Range (HDR) preserves details in highlights and shadows by combining two shots taken at different exposures.
- HDR mode
- 0 On (series): Take a series of HDR photographs. Select Off to resume normal shooting.
- On (single photo): Take one HDR photograph.
- Off: Exit without taking additional HDR photographs.
- Exposure differential
- Choose the difference in exposure between the two shots that are combined to make an HDR photograph. Choose larger values for high-contrast subjects, or select Auto to let the camera adjust the exposure differential according to the scene.
- Choose how much to smooth the boundaries between the shots that make up each HDR photograph.
C The Photo Shooting Menu: Shooting Options
Photo shooting menu bank Extended photo menu banks Storage folder File naming Primary slot selection Secondary slot function Flash control Image area Image quality Image size NEF (RAW) recording ISO sensitivity settings White balance Set Picture Control Manage Picture Control Color space Active D-Lighting Long exposure NR High ISO NR Vignette control Auto distortion control Flicker reduction Auto bracketing set Multiple exposure HDR (high dynamic range) Interval timer shooting Focus shift shooting Silent live view photography