- D850 Online Manual
- Menu Guide
- A Custom Settings: Fine-Tuning Camera Settings
- a1: AF-C Priority Selection
a1: AF-C Priority Selection
G button A Custom Settings menu
When AF-C is selected for viewfinder photography, this option controls whether photographs can be taken whenever the shutter-release button is pressed (release priority) or only when the camera is in focus (focus priority).
- Photos can be taken whenever the shutter-release button is pressed.
- BFocus + release
- Photos can be taken even when the camera is not in focus. If the subject is dark or low contrast and the camera is in continuous mode, priority will be given to focus for the first shot in each series and to frame rate for the remaining shots, ensuring a high frame rate if the distance to the subject does not change during shooting.
- ERelease + focus
- Photos can be taken even when the camera is not in focus. In continuous mode, frame rate slows for improved focus if the subject is dark or low contrast.
- Photos can only be taken when the in-focus indicator (I) is displayed.
Regardless of the option selected, focus will not lock when AF-C is selected for autofocus mode. The camera will continue to adjust focus until the shutter is released.
A Custom Settings: Fine-Tuning Camera Settings
c: Timers/AE lock