Insert the Battery and a Memory Card
Before inserting or removing the battery or memory cards, confirm that power switch is in the OFF position. Insert the battery in the orientation shown, using the battery to keep the orange battery latch pressed to one side. The latch locks the battery in place when the battery is fully inserted.
Holding the memory card in the orientation shown, slide it straight into the slot until it clicks into place.
The Battery and Charger
- Memory cards may be hot after use. Observe due caution when removing memory cards from the camera.
- Turn the power off before inserting or removing memory cards. Do not remove memory cards from the camera, turn the camera off, or remove or disconnect the power source during formatting or while data are being recorded, deleted, or copied to a computer. Failure to observe these precautions could result in loss of data or in damage to the camera or card.
- Do not touch the card terminals with your fingers or metal objects.
- Do not bend, drop, or subject to strong physical shocks.
- Do not apply force to the card casing. Failure to observe this precaution could damage the card.
- Do not expose to water, heat, high levels of humidity, or direct sunlight.
- Do not format memory cards in a computer.
No Memory Card
If no memory card is inserted, the control panel and viewfinder will show S. If the camera is turned off with a charged battery and no memory card inserted, S will be displayed in the control panel.
The Write Protect Switch
SD memory cards are equipped with a write protect switch to prevent accidental loss of data. When this switch is in the “lock” position, the memory card can not be formatted and photos can not be deleted or recorded (a warning will be displayed in the monitor if you attempt to release the shutter). To unlock the memory card, slide the switch to the “write” position.
Removing the Battery and Memory Cards
Removing the Battery
To remove the battery, turn the camera off and open the battery-chamber cover. Press the battery latch in the direction shown by the arrow to release the battery and then remove the battery by hand.
Removing Memory Cards
After confirming that the memory card access lamp is off, turn the camera off, open the memory card slot cover, and press the card in to eject it (). The card can then be removed by hand ().