Taking a Closer Look: Playback Zoom
To zoom in on an image displayed in full-frame playback, press the X (T) button or give the display two quick taps. The following operations can be performed while zoom is in effect:
- Zoom in or out/view other areas of image
Press X (T) or use stretch gestures to zoom in to a maximum of approximately 34× (large images in 24 × 16/DX format), 26× (medium images) or 17× (small images). Press W (Z) or use pinch gestures to zoom out. While a photo is zoomed in, use the multi selector or slide a finger over the screen to view areas of the image not visible in the monitor. Keep the multi selector pressed to scroll rapidly to other areas of the frame. A navigation window is displayed when the zoom ratio is altered; the area currently visible in the monitor is indicated by a yellow border. The bar under the navigation window shows the zoom ratio, turning green at a ratio of 1 : 1.
- Crop image
- To crop the image to the area currently visible in the monitor, press i, highlight Quick crop, and press J. Note that Quick crop is not available when the RGB histogram is displayed (0 Playback Zoom).
- Select faces
Faces detected during zoom are indicated by white borders in the navigation window. Rotate the sub-command dial or tap the on-screen guide to view other faces.
- View other images
- Rotate the main command dial or tap the x or y icons at the bottom of the display to view the same location in other photos at the current zoom ratio. Playback zoom is cancelled when a movie is displayed.
- Change protect status
- Press L (U) to protect or remove protection from images (0 Protecting Photographs from Deletion).
- Return to shooting mode
- Press the shutter-release button halfway or press the K button to exit to shooting mode.
- Display menus
- Press G to view the menus (0 Menu Guide).