Set Picture Control
G button C photo shooting menu
Choose how new photos will be processed. Select according to the type of scene or your creative intent.
- The camera automatically adjusts hues and tones based on the Standard Picture Control. The complexions of portrait subjects will appear softer, and the foliage and sky in outdoor shots more vivid, than in pictures taken with the Standard Picture Control.
- Standard processing for balanced results. Recommended for most situations.
- Minimal processing for natural results. Choose for photographs that will later be processed or retouched.
- Pictures are enhanced for a vivid, photoprint effect. Choose for photographs that emphasize primary colors.
- Take monochrome photographs.
- Process portraits for skin with natural texture and a rounded feel.
- Produces vibrant landscapes and cityscapes.
- Details are preserved over a wide tone range, from highlights to shadows. Choose for photographs that will later be extensively processed or retouched.
C The Photo Shooting Menu: Shooting Options
Reset photo shooting menu Storage folder File naming Flash control Choose image area Image quality Image size NEF (RAW) recording ISO sensitivity settings White balance Set Picture Control Manage Picture Control Color space Active D-Lighting Long exposure NR High ISO NR Vignette control Auto distortion control Flicker reduction Remote control mode (ML-L3) Auto bracketing set Multiple exposure HDR (high dynamic range) Interval timer shooting