- Download Center
- D7500 Online Manual
- Menu Guide
- A Custom Settings: Fine-Tuning Camera Settings
- a3: Focus Tracking with Lock-On
a3: Focus Tracking with Lock-On
G button A Custom Settings menu
This option controls how autofocus adjusts to sudden large changes in the distance to the subject when AF-C is selected or continuous-servo autofocus is selected when the camera is in AF-A mode for viewfinder photography.
- C 5 (Long)/( 4/D 3 (Normal)/) 2/E 1 (Short)
- When the distance to the subject changes abruptly, the camera waits for the specified period before adjusting the distance to the subject. This prevents the camera from refocusing when the subject is briefly obscured by objects passing through the frame. Note that 2, 1 (Short), and Off are equivalent to 3 (Normal) when 3D-tracking or auto-area AF is selected for AF-area mode.
- The camera immediately adjusts focus when the distance to the subject changes. Use when photographing a series of subjects at varying distances in quick succession.
A Custom Settings: Fine-Tuning Camera Settings
c: Timers/AE lock