- Download Center
- D7500 Online Manual
- Menu Guide
- A Custom Settings: Fine-Tuning Camera Settings
- a9: Built-in AF-assist Illuminator
a9: Built-in AF-assist Illuminator
G button A Custom Settings menu
Choose whether the built-in AF-assist illuminator lights to assist the focus operation when lighting is poor.
The AF-assist illuminator lights when lighting is poor (viewfinder photography only). AF-assist illumination is only available when both of the following conditions are met:
- AF-S is selected for autofocus mode or single-servo autofocus is selected when the camera is in AF-A mode.
- Auto-area AF is chosen for AF-area mode, or an option other than auto-area AF is chosen and the center focus point is selected.
- The AF-assist illuminator does not light to assist the focus operation. The camera may not be able to focus using autofocus when lighting is poor.
The AF-Assist Illuminator
The AF-assist illuminator has a range of about 0.5–3.0 m (1 ft 8 in.–9 ft 10 in.); when using the illuminator, remove the lens hood.
A Custom Settings: Fine-Tuning Camera Settings
c: Timers/AE lock