G button B setup menu
Adjust location data settings for use when the camera is connected to a GPS or smart device.
- Download from smart device
- Select Yes to download location data from the smart device and embed them in pictures taken over the next two hours. If the camera is connected to both a smart device and a GPS unit, location data will be downloaded from the GPS unit. Location data can not be acquired if the camera is off or the standby timer has expired.
- View the location data supplied by the GPS or smart device (the items displayed vary with the device).
- External GPS device options
Adjust settings for connection to optional GPS devices.
- Standby timer: Choose whether the standby timer remains active while a GPS device is connected. If Enable is selected, the exposure meters will turn off automatically if no operations are performed for the period specified in Custom Setting c2 (Standby timer, 0 c2: Standby Timer), reducing the drain on the battery. If a GP-1 or GP-1A unit is connected, the unit will remain active for a set period after the timer expires; to allow the camera time to acquire location data, the delay is extended by up to one minute after exposure meters are activated or the camera is turned on. Select Disable to disable the standby timer when a GPS device is connected.
- Set clock from satellite: Select Yes to synchronize the camera clock with the time reported by the GPS device.
B The Setup Menu: Camera Setup
Format memory card Save user settings Reset user settings Language Time zone and date Monitor brightness Monitor color balance Virtual horizon Information display Auto info display Info display auto off AF fine-tune Clean image sensor Lock mirror up for cleaning Image Dust Off ref photo Image comment Copyright information Beep options Touch controls Flash warning HDMI Location data Wireless remote (WR) options Assign remote (WR) Fn button Airplane mode Connect to smart device Send to smart device (auto) Wi-Fi Bluetooth Eye-Fi upload Conformity marking Battery info Slot empty release lock Save/load settings Reset all settings Firmware version